Wednesday, June 28, 2006

From Then Until Now

Well,
It all started back in college. Himself was dating a girl that attending one of my subjects. One day in the canteen he confided in me that he didn't want to be with her anymore.
That was when we started to walk and talk on a regular basis. I would walk with him into the town centre and he would offer to walk me home. But then we would go our separate ways.
In the next couple of weeks she broke it off with him and I guess he was on the rebound. So we got closer, but remained friends. In the next couple of months things changed and here we are now 2 1/2 years later still together.
When you have been together for a length of time, I am sure that it is not unusual to find certain faults with each other. So we are in theory just making a good thing better by sticking together.
A question that I can't answer myself even though I have seen it everywhere, why is it so hard to love your nearest and dearest unconditionally but you can love those not so close to you unconditionally???
That is something that has baffled me for a long while...
I have a suggestion for the answer and that would be that, the people that are not so close to you, you can love unconditionally because you don't see them enough to even come close to wanting to know their little faults and traits. However the people that we are very close to, surely we have certain expectations of what we want them to be like and if they don't meet those expectations that is why we cant love them unconditionally but the people that we aren't so close to we are still in hope that they might meet our highest expectations.
Time is love and sometimes money. It amazes me that one question can have so many different answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home